The signaling interface unit peripheral extended (SIUX and SIUX2) boards for the Hicom 300E-300H, and Hipath 4000 transmit and receive DTMF or MFC signals on eight channels to and from trunks and subscriber equipment. They also perform line diagnostic tests. The SIUX and the SIUX2 have exactly the same functionality. The SIUX2 is the replacement for the older board.
Previous models of the SIUX board had SIVAPAC connectors. The New SIUX2 board has SIPAC connector. This board cannot be used as a central SIU.
This board has six operating modes, each using different loadware.
- Function ID 2 provides eight DTMF sender/receiver pairs for use in countries that employ DTMF signalling.
- Function ID 3 provides eight MFC sender/receiver pairs for use in countries that employ MFC signalling.
- Function ID 4 provides four DTMF sender/receiver pairs, plus one port containing the Telephony Diagnostic System (TDS).
- Function ID 5 provides MFC ANI services for use in Russia and other CIS countries.
- Function ID 6 provides MFC shuttle-packet services for use in Russia and other CIS countries.
- Function ID 7 provides four DTMF sender/receiver pairs, plus one port containing the Line check diagnostics.